Back to  How do you get Goose Bumps

What a good question! We checked Compton's Interective Encyclopedia for "goose bumps" and found a reference to "goose flesh".

Gooseflesh (or goose pimples, or goose bumps), roughness of the skin produced by erection of its papillae, usually from cold or fear

Excerpted from Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia. Copyright (c) 1994, 1995, 1996 SoftKey Multimedia Inc. All Rights Reserved

Back to